About the Campground:
- Book On-line by Clicking HERE!
- Early bird Group Site Reservations of 7 sites or more may call 507-723-3517 between January 1st-9th. All other reservations begin January 10th!
- Adjacent to the Riverside Park complex.
- 47 sites - 32 full hook-up at $40/night (#1-15, #16-27 and #37-41) and 8 sites w/water and electric at $35/night (#28-36). Two bathhouses both w/showers. * 6 tent sites(no electric) at $15/night (max. 2 tents per site). One tent w/camper $12/night. * Each campsite includes a fire ring and picnic table.
- One dump station is available.
- All sites are back in only - NO PULL THROUGHS!
- Weekly rates $210 for water & elec - $240 Full hook-up. Campers must move on a weekly basis if staying longer than 1 week.
- Credit cards - Visa, Master and Discover are accepted.
- Cancellations must be noted at least 1 week in advance. Refunds given less $5 transaction fee.
- Cancellations Inside 7 days - NO REFUND.
- NO RAINCHECKS will be issued - Waitlists will be taken.
- Pets are allowed on leash and never left alone - please pick up and dispose of your pet's waste in a timely manner.
- NO parking on the grass - ONLY 1 car allowed per site. Extra parking is available across the street by the park.
- Wood & Ice are available at the Community Center.
- Due to the invasion of the Emerald Ash Borer in Springfield, firewood cannot leave Rothenburg Campground.
- Please check in at the Community Center on arrival for camping. Check in time is 2 p.m. Check out time is 12 noon. The Center is located on the North side of the Bridge entrance into the park and campground. Hours are Monday-Thursday until 5 p.m. and Friday evenings until 8 p.m. for check in. If you arrive after the Center has closed on Friday you may go to your campsite and check-in Saturday am. Saturday check-in is from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Hours may vary in early spring and fall of the year.
- May need extended hose for sewer sites.
- Note: We do NOT spray for mosquitoes.
In the event of severe weather, when a warning is issued you are asked to go to CITY HALL basement located at 2 East Central on main street. This is the official storm center. Map in your packet. Police will inform you.
Rothenburg Campground is 2 blocks from the downtown area and over 3 miles of paved walking, hiking and biking trails lead to the golf club and other areas of interest.
Riverside Park boasts a stainless steel L-shaped pool, bath house, kiddy pool and a figure 8 water slide and separate plunge pool. The park also includes a sand volleyball court, basketball court, tennis courts, picnic shelters, playground equipment, horseshoe courts, a skate park, canoe landing.
Checks may be mailed to:
Springfield Area Community Center/Rothenburg Campground
P.O. Box 22
Springfield, MN 56087
Communty Safe Room (Storm Shelter) Project
On July 23rd, 2021, the City of Springfield was awarded $651,391.03 from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) towards the construction of a community safe room. The proposed project mitigates future flood damages and potential loss of life from severe weather.
Community support is needed to raise $150,000 in order to complete the project. Every contribution will help make this safe room a reality and we thank all donors for their generosity.
Interested in making a contribution online? CLICK HERE
Contact Shawna Jacobs with the Springfield Area Softball Association at 641-990-2833 or City Hall at 507-723-3500 to learn more.
Propsosed Campground Expansion (9-Pull-Through Sites) & Community Storm Shelter - 2022/2023